This is what we watched instead of something spooky that night! I hadn't seen it in over a decade and I did not remember it as well as I thought! Weird movie, but I do like it a lot (I just have a few, teensy issues with it) although it's WAY too long. A whole hour could easily be cut out and you wouldn't lose anything of value.
Is everyone else in love with Pam Grier? I mean...
And she's a phenomenal actress! So believable.
Okay I'm going to try to do that ~spoiler alert~ thing and tell you what pissed me off/what I love about it!
[Spoiler (click to open)]Am I doing this right?
- All the men kept bringing up Jackie's age, which was 44, like she was turning 105 next week. o_O I take broad and also personal offence to that. -_-
- Max...DOESN'T go with her to Madrid in the end?! What the actual hell?? Let's look at this... He's 56, I think, and has the MAJOR hots for Jackie, so, a younger woman for him. By the end she wants him, too, but he stays. He just...lets her go. He does this huge thing with her, tells her he wants to retire from his business (AND he has the perfect friend and business partner who could/would take it over and love it as he did), has no other ties holding him back...and he doesn't go. Oh and also they have all that money (well, she does) and it was a clean hit. ??? I just don't get it, what a let-down ending. -_- LET DOWN!!!!!
- Robert De Niro's entire character. *LOL*! So unlike his other roles and he did it so well. Too well!! xD
- Melanie's bikini tops. :D
- When he kills Melanie. *LOL*! GAWD, she had that coming. I can't believe no one did it sooner!!
Have you seen this one? It's adapted from Elmore Leonard's Rum Punch, but I just read that she's a white woman in it and I like the story better this way so for once I don't think I'll bother reading the book (I normally would, though). Have you read the book?? Sorry I'm so question-y this morning *lol*. Coffee and cannabis... ^-^