I'm just going to stop right here and make it crystal clear that I'm not complaining about any of these Covid-19 safety procedures/protocols, they are all there out of necessity and we're happy to follow all the rules, but I still just need to vent for a minute about how strange it is out there right now... I've seen the world deal with some scary viruses before, but nothing like this. It was never a ghost town like it is, and even during the Y2K hysteria the stockpiling/hoarding was nowhere what's happened this time.
Anyway, it's like a pre-post apocalyptic world...do you know what I mean by that?? It's very unnerving. I would've assumed a lifetime of loving horror would've made this easier but I think I'm just even more paranoid because of all I've read/seen... o_O
I miss our Sunday flea market. So much. As natural hermits it was the only thing we actually did and it felt so strange to get up today and not go again. I hope all our vendor-friends are okay. My guy never thought to get anyone's phone number 'cause well guys don't really do that, but I kind of wish he had now. Most of them were over 50...I know some had health issues already. *trying to think positively*
Another small thing I am lamenting is access to fresh foods. :( You just can not get good meat or produce around here right now, and our efforts in being consistently healthy eaters is taking a massive hit right now. Our freezer is filled to the brim with frozen stuff I would never normally buy because I just can't get fresh stuff and we've got to eat something besides just breakfast foods all the time... (No problem getting eggs and bread, at least!) It is what it is, though. I know this won't last forever.
Okay. I'm done now. :)
Things I'm grateful for today:
- Woke up to more rain! We've gotten so much lately that the grass is already greening up ^-^
- The birdbath is getting lots of action already <3
- The four animals are all extra loving when it rains ^-^
- I was able to get about 1/3 of our shopping list items and I'm damn grateful to get that much! At least we HAVE food...and I can get creative, right? :) (We walked away from Walmart because people were lined up through the parking lot...just, no. We paid a little more for things at Foodland but whatever...)
- All the people I saw following social-distancing rules :)
- Everyone on my list who has been posting such beautiful things lately <3 You've been making me smile all week and it's an honour to be friends with folks who actually give a damn about what's happening in the world right now and are also trying to make the best of it.
*hugs for all*